04 FEB 2021
Stay at Home and Closure (Perth, Peel and the South West Regions) Directions (No 3) were amended and signed by the State Emergency Co-Ordinator
The following provides highlights of the changes and amendments signed by the State Emergency Co-Ordinator: Stay at Home and Closure (Perth, Peel and the South West Regions) Directions (No 3)
From 6:00 pm on 31 January 2021 until 6:00 pm on 5 February 2021 all persons who live in the Perth, Peel and South West regions must not leave their home other than for one or more of the following reasons:
- to obtain or access essential goods or services;
- for care or other compassionate reasons;
- to perform duties as an essential worker or to transport an essential worker in a private vehicle to their place of work;
- to exercise;
- in an emergency;
- to take preparatory steps to move to another suitable premises when the fire risk rating is 'severe' or higher;
- to comply with a legal requirement (e.g. to attend a police station or court); or
- to leave Western Australia if the person is permitted to do so.
All travel between regions is prohibited, subject to the exceptions above and provided the person does not have any symptoms.
The changes include the following:
- clarifying that only urgent procedures and surgical treatments undertaken by a dental practitioner is an "essential health service";
- adds "click and deliver services" to the list of essential providers;
- clarifying that a person who performs work that is essential for the continued operation of commercial operations that supply goods and services necessary to support the export of goods and service from WA are "essential workers"; and
- manufacturing, fabrication or assembly of goods and materials necessary for or related to supporting defence or security industries and
- members of the Commonwealth parliament and
- staff members of federal and State parliamentarians
to the list of "essential workers".
Please keep yourself, your family and colleagues safe and well.
Back To News Stories