02 FEB 2021
New directions have been signed and now come into effect for the Perth, Peel and South West Regions. Please stay safe and adhere to protocols in place.
New directions have been signed and now come into effect. Please see the information and links below for further changes.
- Stay at Home and Closure (Perth, Peel and South West Regions) Directions (No.2) effective at time of signing 2210 1 February 2021 ; and
- Closure and Restriction (Limit the Spread) Directions (No. 12) effective at 0600hrs 2 February 2021
This is another change to directions based on the latest public health advice and in consideration of our current state of emergency.
This direction revokes and replaces the previous Closure and Restriction (Limit the Spread) Directions (No 11).
These directions expand the list of places where an occupier or person apparently in charge of the place is required to request contact information of people who enter the place. The places added to the list include:
- businesses selling takeaway food (except a drive through, or outdoor food or drink truck or cart);
- food courts;
- businesses where access is provided to the public for the purposes of offering retail goods or services;
- a place where an event is held;
- an outdoor area in a public place when used for a function;
- any vehicle capable of carrying 12 or more passengers and used on a commercial basis for party, tour or function; and
- a public or private hospital.
From 6:00 pm on 31 January 2021 until 6:00 pm on 5 February 2021 all persons who live in the Perth, Peel and South West regions must not leave their home other than for one or more of the following reasons:
- to obtain or access essential goods or services;
- for care or other compassionate reasons;
- to perform duties as an essential worker or to transport an essential worker in a private vehicle to their place of work;
- to exercise;
- in an emergency;
- to take preparatory steps to move to another suitable premises when the fire risk rating is 'severe' or higher;
- to comply with a legal requirement (e.g. to attend a police station or court); or
- to leave Western Australia if the person is permitted to do so.
All travel between regions is prohibited, subject to the exceptions above and provided the person does not have any symptoms.
The changes include the following:
- Prohibiting a person from leaving their home if they have symptoms - except to get tested and to get urgent medical treatment
- Prohibiting visitors into the home - with certain exceptions
- Allow a person to enter the affected area in accordance with Controlled Border for WA Direction or a specified arrangement
- To allow a person to transit through the affected area for certain reasons, including leaving the State
- To ensure that a person who leaves the affected area must comply with the Face Covering Directions when they leave
- Expands the number of children who can exercise with two adults
- To make plain that pubs, bars and hotels can serve takeaway food and alcohol
- To amend the list of essential services/providers
Further information can be sourced from the wa.gov.au website, or via the HealthyWA website.
Should you require any further information regarding G2G PASS, please contact email@example.com
Changes to Controlled Border Directions
Updated directions have been issued which changes Queensland to a very low risk location.
Conditions of entry
All travellers to WA must have completed a G2G PASS declaration to enter. Upon arrival, travellers may be subject to health screening and COVID-19 testing, if required.
Requirements for quarantine
Travellers arriving from very low risk locations (as of 1 February will be QLD,TAS, ACT and NT) are no longer required to quarantine or comply with testing requirements.
Travellers arriving from low risk locations (currently VIC and NSW) are required to quarantine at a suitable premises for 14 days and must present for COVID testing on day 11.
It is anticipated that Victoria will also move to a very low risk location at 0001hrs Friday 5 February 2021 (subject to no further reported community transmission).
International travellers remain subject to centre quarantine requirements.
Please keep yourself, your family and colleagues safe and well.
Back To News Stories