13 FEB 2021
Return to pre-lockdown life for the Perth and Peel regions from 12.01am Sunday, 14 February
Return to pre-lockdown life from 12.01am Sunday, 14 February
- Perth and Peel restrictions will end as planned at 12.01am Sunday 14 February. This means the whole of Western Australia will return to the pre-lockdown conditions.
- From Sunday, 14 February, masks will no longer be required either inside or outside, there will be no travel restrictions in WA, except for remote Aboriginal communities and mandatory contact registration will continue.
- The Chief Health Officer has recommended Victoria be reclassified as ‘medium risk’ for a short period, until the situation is controlled.
- As a result, Victoria arrivals at Perth Airport today will be tested at the airport before going into their 14 days of self-quarantine. Beginning tonight Friday, 12 February 2021, from 6pm, the ‘medium risk’ category will come into force until at least 12.01am, Tuesday, 16 February, pending updated health advice.
- The 72 hour hard border with Victoria means only exempt travellers are permitted. This means freight and logistics operations continue as normal.
Back To News Stories