19 AUG 2020
Clinipath and Western Diagnostics testing and collection points available and launch of Healthy Heads in Trucks & Sheds initiative
- Transport, Freight and Logistics Directions for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Clinipath have established 18 collection points available for online booking via their website – www.clinipathbookings.com.au. This includes 13 sites in the greater Perth Metro area and sites in regional areas such as Kalgoorlie, Geraldton, Albany, Busselton and Bunbury. Additional collection points will be available in the coming weeks. For bookings team call 9371 4210
Western Diagnostics are eager to work with the freight industry on eradicating the possibility of the spread of COVID-19 in Western Australia. Their purpose built COVID-19 collection facilities in the Perth CBD that can assist this cause.
With the WA Department of Health approving the COVID-19 testing of asymptomatic people who are employed, hired, retained or contracted, to travel interstate as a driver of a heavy vehicle, Western Diagnostic Pathology (WDP) is pleased to offer COVID-19 testing to these workers.
Come to WDP, or they’ll come to you
WDP’s experienced collectors provide safe and quick COVID-19 testing, in a friendly and professional environment. You can choose to come to a dedicated COVID-19 collection centre or visit one of their drive through clinics.
Businesses may wish to book a visit from a commercial respiratory specimen collection team. The team can come to your workplace, at a time that suits you, and has capacity to test up to 800 employees at a time.
Quick turnaround times
WDP’s laboratory can perform and report up to 4,000 tests per day with results usually available the same day and can be sent by SMS.
Get tested today
Asymptomatic patients can present to WDP’s drive through collection centres with no referral form necessary. Simply show your heavy vehicle licence or your freight/transport industry employee ID and follow the site instructions. Drive through sites and opening times can be found by visiting www.wdp.com.au or find the nearest location to you as listed below:
- Peel Health Campus, 110 Lakes Road, Mandurah;
- 5 Stafford Street, Midland;
- Neil Hawkins Park, 200 Boas Avenue, Joondalup;
- 5 Playle Street, Myaree;
- 391 Oxford Street, Mount Hawthorn; and
- Corner of Ranford Road and Armadale Road, Forrestdale
These sites have been approved by the W.A D.O.H. Western Diagnostics are currently liaising with Main Roads on possible regional locations and we will inform you when and if they are confirmed.
- We participated in the webinar launch of Healthy Heads in Trucks & Sheds yesterday. This is an initiative between road transport, warehousing and logistics operators to support drivers and logistics workers with issues relating to mental health and physical wellbeing. For more information see here.
Back To News Stories