31 MAR 2020
Intrastate travel ban comes into effect tonight
- Police have confirmed that they are still finalising processes for regional closures and arrivals cards will not be requested.
- Confirm that a soft start will be in place however need to ensure that drivers carry Photo ID, Letter of Authorisation from Company, Individual Health Declaration and preferably wear company uniform.
- Industry concerns continue that road houses may close down due to lack of business, there are key road houses that are essential to service the freight and logistics industry. A map is currently being developed which will identify roadhouses and the facilities available.
- If there are regional road closures these will be communicated to industry asap.
- FLCWA are working with WALGA and DPIRD to ensure the supply chain is maintained in regional areas.
- Programmers have received enough preliminary information to input into the Data Model to start producing the initial output of predictive data within the next few days.
- WA Government has deferred the launch for the Containers for Change scheme until later in the year to avoid the potential health risks and logistical difficulties. https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov.au/Pages/McGowan/2020/03/Start-of-Containers-for-Change-deferred-due-to-COVID-19.aspx
We'll provide more information as it becomes available.
Read the Premier's media statement here.
Back To News Stories