15 DEC 2022
FLCWA Council concludes the year with the Annual General Meeting and a Round Table Dialogue on 8 December 2022
The Council concluded the year with its December event constituting its AGM and a round table discussion on decarbonisation of the freight industry.
- Steve Beyer - Director, Portfolio Strategic Projects Office in the Western Australian Transport Portfolio
- Katie Valentine - Decarbonisation Program Integration Lead; Fortescue Metals Group
- Tim Camilleri – E-mobility Solutions Manager; Volvo Group Australia
The speakers provided a holistic discussion to the decarbonisation of freight from Government, major industry and truck manufacturer perspectives. After presentations, Council members asked questions of the panel in a round table dialogue.
- Regulation impediments to meeting targets
- Green energy approvals
- Mapping out a pathway for the freight industry to deliver
- Transition of fleet in the future
- Parity thresholds for change-over from internal combustion to electric vehicles
- The role of hydrogen fuel
- Challenges for small transport businesses
- Potential impact on infrastructure
The Council will continue to be active in the decarbonisation space in 2023 by engaging industry and government and contributing to and facilitating discussion on this important matter for the freight industry.
Back To News Stories