05 JUN 2020
FLCWA to develop five ongoing workstreams further, entering Phase 3 of the Government COVID-19 Roadmap and link to Australian Logistics Council webinar
- As the pandemic entered Western Australia, we convened the FLCWA COVID-19 Governance Group made up of representatives from the freight and logistics industry and government. The collaboration and contribution of this group has been vital to our work in the following areas: Border Protocols, Critical Supplies, Workforce, Data Hub, Food Security Air Freight and Scenario Planning.
- As restrictions lift and we begin to return to ‘normal’, we have decided to wrap this group up and combine our Recovery Planning work into five ongoing work streams:
- State Freight Strategy
- Social License
- Inner Harbour optimisation.
Border Restrictions Update
Western Australia’s remaining regional travel boundaries have been lifted. Restrictions on entering 274 remote Aboriginal communities will remain in place. From 6 June 2020, as part of the WA Government’s gradual and safe easing of restrictions, Phase 3 of the COVID-19 roadmap will be implemented.
ALC WEBINAR: How to work safely in the ‘new normal’
The Australian Logistics Council will be holding a webinar to help organisations strengthen their business resilience strategy in response to COVID-19 on 17 June at 10am. The webinar will cover:
- General update on COVID-19 in Australia including information on global issues, the possibility of a second wave and its implications, vaccine, etc.
- What are companies doing to plan for transition and the 'new normal'?
- Practical tips on what planning can look like
- Specific controls for our industry given the transient nature of our businesses
- ALC Safety Committee members will share practical tips on what they are already doing in their organisations
Participants will have the opportunity to submit questions prior to the presentation and the material will be available after the session. For further details and to register visit here
Back To News Stories