21 AUG 2019
What do government and industry need to focus on to ensure the country’s freight supply chains are set up for success over the next 20 years?
Australia’s first National Freight and Supply Chain Strategy has been released.
The Strategy sets an agenda for government and industry action across Australia’s multimodal freight supply chains over the next 20 years and beyond, to ensure that as a country we can meet the requirements of the growing and evolving freight task.
The Strategy’s vision for freight and supply chains aims to ensure Australia’s prosperity through achieving the goals of:
- improved efficiency and international competitiveness
- safe, secure and sustainable operations
- a fit for purpose regulatory environment
- innovative solutions to meet freight demand
- a skilled and adaptable workforce
- an informed understanding and acceptance of freight operations
These goals will be achieved by focusing on the critical areas of:
- Smarter and targeted infrastructure investment
- Enable improved supply chain efficiency
- Better planning, coordination and regulation
- Better freight location and performance data
The Freight and Logistics Council of WA looks forward to working with the WA State Government on the development of an Implementation Plan for Western Australia, to establish actions for government and industry to achieve the National Strategy goals.
For further information and to view the National Freight and Supply Chain Strategy, visit the Freight Australia website.
Back To News Stories